KwaMashu Christian Centre [ KCC ] was established in 1990 with about 14 people then Baba & Mama Mzimela met Dr Fred Roberts through attending the Bible College at DCC, they subsequently became their spiritual Father and covering. Kwa-Mashu Christian Centre is still going strong with 8 other branches in KZN and KwaNgwanase / Manguzi and Today KCC is one of the fastest growing and influential churches in S.A.
The Ministry is flourishing every day raising other ministries and gifts in and outside KCC. Bishop Mzimela’s musical background graced him with raising many influential musicians today in our country whereas Mama Mzimela’s passion for the poor and hungry has led this ministry to establish Emseni Community Project which is directed at meeting the needs of the poor through the generous giving of the KCC Members and other Donors. It can be said that without a doubt the hand of the Lord was always evident over their lives.
Upon the unfortunate passing of Bishop ZN Mzimela in 2019, his son Ps. Bonga Mzimela was ordained as the Senior Pastor of Kwamashu Christian Centre under the guidance of Mama MD Mzimela by Apostle Willie Wooten, who is the founder of Gideon Christian Fellowship, a multi-cultural church located in New Orleans, LA.
A year after the passing of Bishop ZN Mzimela, Mama MD Mzimela also went to be with the Lord, and Ps. Bonga Mzimela is now the presiding overseer of Kwamashu Christian Centre and its branches in Clermont, Tongaat, and Zulu Land.
A house of prayer for all nations where people from all walks of life, young and old can be equipped and raised as sons and daughters to discover and fulfil their purpose and destiny in Christ.
- To proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ locally, nationally and internationally in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To be committed to preaching, teaching, healing the sick, establishing churches and building our community to be a community with moral standards according to the Word of God. (Matthew 5v13-14, 10v7-8)
- To stand in the Gap and pray for our city, nation and other nations. (Ezekiel 22v30, 2nd Chronicles 7v14)
- To teach the Word of God line upon line so that people can easily understand and apply it in their lives to reach the destiny that God has for their lives. (Isaiah 28v10,13, Romans 8v28, Ephesians 2v10)
- To train and develop sons and daughters of the house for the work of the ministry in the church and the marketplace. (Ephesians 4v11-12, 2nd Corinthians 6v18)